Has Your Life Changed? Your Custody, Visitation Or Support Orders Can Change, Too

Whether you were divorced last year or 10 years ago, you have the right to seek modification of a child custody, visitation or support order. An experienced New York lawyer can help you petition for the modifications you need.

To learn more about how we can help modify child support or visitation rights, schedule a consultation with an experienced Albany child custody change attorney. Call 518-462-4242 or e-mail our office.

Have You Experienced A Change In Circumstances?

Not all aspects of divorce arrangements can be readily modified. For example, you are not going to be able to make changes to a decades-old property settlement very easily. However, there are many aspects that can be changed more readily.


You have the ability to pursue modification of child support, child custody and visitation orders by showing that there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the original order was entered. Of course, substantial changes can come in many forms. Examples include:

  • A drastic, unanticipated increase or decrease in income
  • A change in the needs of the child
  • A change in the family dynamic such as remarriage or the birth of a child
  • A situation that could potentially endanger the child
  • The emancipation of a child

Tell Us About Your Situation

When you come to the child custody attorneys at The Colwell Law Group, LLC, we will take the time to learn about the change in circumstance that has occurred. Once we understand the details, we will give you straight answers about your options. If we believe that seeking a custody change or another type of modification is not an option, we will tell you so.

However, if we believe that a modification is possible, we will pursue it in a manner that is not only effective, but efficient and cost-conscious. For a consultation about modification or any other divorce issue, call us today at 518-462-4242 or contact our Albany child custody attorneys online.

Call 518-462-4242

Free E-Book From Colwell Law Group Learn how to help your kids cope with your divorce with our free guide for parents who are getting divorced or separated in New York.

Tell Us About Your Legal Need

Reviews From Past Clients

Read & Watch Reviews From People Like You

Find out how Colwell Law Group helped Amanda get her daughter back after a one-sided custody battle

Find out why Christian decided to retain a lawyer who specialized in divorce law & how it influenced his case.

Mary was sensitive and helpful in guiding me through a mediated separation and subsequent divorce...


I retained Kevin Colwell during what was for me, the worst period of my life to date...


When I first became separated, I hired a pitbull attorney so I could get back at my ex, who had wronged me...


Attorney Kevin Colwell (Kevin) and his firm helped my wife and I sell our house. It had been 9 years since I had sold a house so I needed to be guided through the entire process from the contract through to sale.


Mary Colwell was recommended through a friend who had recently just gone through a divorce...


A divorce is not a great process for anyone. This was the most difficult time for me to go through...


I have hired Mary for multiple purposes in the past few years for everything from family law issues to traffic violations...


Mary drafted a prenuptial agreement for my husband and me that was fair and agreeable to both of us...


Call Colwell Law today 518-462-4242


200 Great Oaks Blvd., Suite 224
Albany, NY 12203


Phone: 518-462-4242
Fax: 518-641-1270


Contact Us