All families go through highs and lows together, riding a rollercoaster of emotions as children and parents learn and grow. Sometimes, though, family matters are so intense or serious that they require the intervention of the law in order to resolve. When they do, turning to a trusted Ulster County family lawyer can provide both legal guidance and peace of mind. At The Colwell Law Group, LLC, our Ulster County family lawyers understand how sensitive these legal matters can be, and are prepared to offer you the support and counsel you need.
Helping You Navigate Family Law in Ulster County
Family law is a very broad topic area that encompasses many other specific legal matters. You can rest assured that we have experience in a wide range of legal matters, and are competent in our ability to represent you in your:
- Divorce case. Divorce is one of the most common reasons that individuals and couples enter the family law system, and requires coming to an agreement about a variety of issues.
- Property division case. If you and your spouse are separating, it is important that you understand New York’s property division laws and how to protect your best interests.
- Alimony/spousal maintenance case. Spousal maintenance is common in divorce judgements. Let our lawyers work for you to ensure your spousal maintenance award is fair.
- Child custody or support case. There are few issues more complicated than those of child support and custody. We know how much your child means to you – we will work hard for your and your child’s best interests.
- Domestic violence case. If you are a victim of domestic violence, you need to find a safe place now. Our lawyers can help you to acquire a domestic violence order of protection, and start the legal paperwork for terminating your marriage.
We can also represent you in the creation of a pre- or postnuptial agreement, answer questions you have about modification of divorce orders, and help you to enforce a support order.
You’re Not Alone – Our Ulster County Family Law Attorneys Are Here
When you are involved in a legal matter that involves members of your family, the entire process can feel stressful, financially taxing, and even lonesome. We want to remind you that you’re not alone – our Ulster County family law attorneys are here to help you.
We have a legal team that is comprised of experienced and compassionate lawyers who have demonstrated their excellence and skill in handling countless family law cases–many surely of which are like yours–in the past. Ultimately, our lawyers are committed to our clients, and care about delivering results.
You deserve a family law attorney committed to you. To schedule a consultation with our Ulster County family lawyers, please send us a message using the intake form on our website today. You can also text us at 518-730-7028, or call us at your convenience.
Tell Us About Your Legal Need
Reviews From Past Clients
Read & Watch Reviews From People Like You
Find out how Colwell Law Group helped Amanda get her daughter back after a one-sided custody battle
Find out why Christian decided to retain a lawyer who specialized in divorce law & how it influenced his case.
Mary was sensitive and helpful in guiding me through a mediated separation and subsequent divorce...-PHIL
I retained Kevin Colwell during what was for me, the worst period of my life to date...-STEVE
When I first became separated, I hired a pitbull attorney so I could get back at my ex, who had wronged me...-ALAN
Attorney Kevin Colwell (Kevin) and his firm helped my wife and I sell our house. It had been 9 years since I had sold a house so I needed to be guided through the entire process from the contract through to sale.-A REAL ESTATE CLIENT
Mary Colwell was recommended through a friend who had recently just gone through a divorce...-ROGER
A divorce is not a great process for anyone. This was the most difficult time for me to go through...-A DIVORCE CLIENT
I have hired Mary for multiple purposes in the past few years for everything from family law issues to traffic violations...-A ROBERTS
Mary drafted a prenuptial agreement for my husband and me that was fair and agreeable to both of us...-BETH